Who We Are
Montana Aquatic Resources Services, Inc. (MARS) is a self-sustaining nonprofit organization and a leader in restoring and protecting Montana’s rivers, streams and wetlands. MARS is recognized for professional excellence that produces effective mitigation outcomes, high restoration standards, and collaborative relationships with organizations, industry and individuals. Our work reverses the trend of acquatic resource degradation, and sets a positive trajectory for Montana.
What We Do
MARS identifies and implements restoration projects to offset impacts to aquatic resources. MARS’ Board and Staff include knowledgeable and experienced natural resource consultants, small businessmen and women, agency specialists and non-profit conservation experts dedicated to restoring and conserving aquatic resources across Montana. Our projects enhance stream and wetland functions, conserve clean water, improve fish and wildlife habitat and, where feasible, provide public recreation.
- MARS bridges the gap between unavoidable or unintended resource impacts and restoration of wetland and streams,
- Assumes responsibility to mitigate permitted impacts through professional, efficient, and timely services,
- Collaborates with public and private land managers to leverage restoration dollars to maximize habitat values.
- Relies on the expertise and local, on-the-ground knowledge of aquatic professionals, consultants, and contractors statewide to design and construct high-quality restoration projects
- Raises the bar on aquatic mitigation by targeting restoration efforts toward rare, threatened, or critical aquatic habitats
- Enlists restoration and resource professionals statewide to identify high quality, ecologically significant restoration projects