The Shape of a River
In 2016 MARS teamed up with Ocean Media Institute (OMI) to tell a story about the Yellowstone River. Conceptualized by MARS and creatively executed by OMI, The Shape of a River is an exquisite piece of cinematography illuminating the power and fragility of the Mighty Yellowstone.
This collaborative effort has been featured nationally and internationally at the following festivals:
- International Wildlife Film Festival in Missoula
- The American Rivers and Greater Yellowstone Coalition’s Wild Rivers Film Tour
- The Wildlife Conservation Film Festival
- Jackson Hole Wildlife Film Festival
- Wild and Scenic Film Festival
- Bozeman International Film Festival
- Ekotopfilm Envirofilm Festival
It’s a powerful outreach tool reaching thousands with moving imagery and heart felt stories. It’s helped to illustrate MARS’ Channel Migration Easement work along the Yellowstone and start dialog about this cherished ecosystem. Click the image to the right or here to view the full film.